Clear Braces For A
Gullotta Orthodontics is the Gold Coast’s first choice for Clear Braces treatment.
What are clear braces?
Clear braces work precisely the same way as the traditional metal braces, but they are more visually pleasing for patients. It is this advantage that makes them a popular choice with teens and adults.
What are the benefits of Clear Braces?
Dr Nino Gullotta uses ceramic Damon braces. These ceramic braces are chosen by our patients for many reasons, including:
- Durability. They are extremely strong and just as robust and effective as their metal equivalents.
- Invisibility. Porcelain braces blend more effectively with most teeth colourings and are not as noticeable at a distance.
- Comfort. Our patients happily tell us their porcelain braces are comfortable and we believe they may not aggravate gums as much as metal can.
- More hygienic. Not having the elastic bands makes dental hygiene easier and less susceptible to a build-up of plaque.
Are You Ready For Your New Clear Braces Smile?
Your final smile should be perfect! Dr Nino has treated over 30,000 Gold Coast smiles, delivering an excellent outcome every time.
See some of Dr Nino’s proudest work with Clear Braces orthodontic treatment below.
Our teeth straightening process for Damon Braces
Putting your braces on isn’t painful. Once the teeth start moving, you can feel some discomfort as your teeth are moving towards their new positions. Any discomfort during orthodontic treatment can usually be controlled with normal pain relief medication like panadol.
Appointments are scheduled according to each patient’s needs. Most patients in braces will be seen every six to ten weeks.
Treatment times will vary but typical takes 18 to 24 months.
Yes. If you are playing a contact sport, you will need a mouthguard fitted over your braces.
When you first have your braces fitted, you may notice a slight change in the way you speak like a slight lisp. Once your tongue and lips get used to your braces, you will adjust and your speech should return to normal after a few weeks.
Hard, sticky, crunchy foods should be avoided because they can knock braces off the teeth. In addition, sugar intake should be reduced to minimize the risk of decay around the braces. Foods which should be avoided include:
- Minties and Toffee
- Caramels such as fantales
- Corn chips
- French bread sticks, bread crusts or hard rolls
- Whole apples or carrots (cut them into pieces first)
- Corn on the cob (cut the corn off the cob before eating)
|TUE||7:45am – 5:30pm|
|WED||7:45am – 5:30pm|
|THUR||7:45am – 5:30pm|
|FRI||7:45am – 12pm|